[WRTC2018] Competition Rules

Ken Low kenke3x at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 02:53:38 CEST 2015

1.  On Sub-receivers:
Pro = The better ops will make better use of them, so it would be in the spirit of WRTC

Con = how would one referee monitor four audio streams?  Not clear that's possible.

2.  On 160-Meters:
Pro = at a low of the sunspot cycle, the more bands the better.   Having 160 would make up for no 10-meters

Con = at WRTC2014, at K3C we spent the entire setup afternoon on Friday trying to fix an interference problem with another station in Devens, 800 meters away, directly between us and Europe - it was a huge waste of our time and energy, and we were among the last teams to return to the hotel.  I envied the stations who set up in 3 hours and went home for a restful sleep.   If 160-meters is included in 2018, I would hope the organizers do lots of testing in IARU 2016 and 2017 to make sure the sites do not interfere with each other, especially on 160.

73,

Ken KE3X