[WRTC2018] WiMo - New Gold Sponsor of WRTC 2018

Michael Hoeding, DL6MHW dl6mhw at wrtc2018.de
Wed Apr 27 20:36:43 CEST 2016

WRTC 2018 News - April 27th 2016

WRTC 2018 is pleased to announce that WiMo Antennen & Elektronik GmbH
will support the World Radiosport Team Championship in Germany as a Gold
Sponsor.

Dipl.-Ing. Volkmar Junge, DF2SS, CEO of WiMo offered his support
immediately after the decision became known that in 2018 the WRTC will
be staged in Germany for the first time ever. As Volkmar put it: “We
were fascinated by the idea to team up with the WRTC 2018 organizing
committee in order to bring about an event in Germany which is likely to
be remembered by the contesting community from all over the world. We
have the resources to make it happen and we are delighted to be part of
the team.”

WiMo, founded in 1982, is the leading supplier of ham radio equipment in
Europe, offering the full range of ham radio gear as well as radio
equipment for commercial use. WiMo will support the WRTC as a supplier
for cables and low band antennas.

Christian Janssen, DL1MGB, president of the WRTC-2018 organizing
committee, emphasized the importance of teaming up with strong partners:
“We highly welcome the support of WiMo as one of the major players in
the worldwide market for ham radio equipment. Without the support of
companies like WiMo it simply wouldn’t be possible to stage an event
like the WRTC in an adequate setting.”

WRTC 2018 e.V. organizes the World Radiosport Team Championship in
Germany 2018. Up to now WRTC 2018 e.V. collected donations and
sponsoring contributions mainly from Germany and USA, covering about 30
percent of the budget.

--

Michael Höding, DL6MHW
Vice-President, Fundraising, PR