[WRTC2018] [CQ-Contest] N3BB's Book on WRTC2014 to be Released Feb. 1

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 23:57:18 CET 2016

Steve (& all),

I read Jim's book about WRTC2014 last week.  Great read for contesters and
non-contesters alike.  I learned a few things, including about your
operation.  Even though I attended as a volunteer myself, I was in charge
of managing the volunteers at 5 sites at Myles Standish so I was (more
than) fully occupied during much of the event.

Since I've been licensed for, let's just say 50+ years, I'm not in a
position to judge whether it also meets Jim's aspirations for interesting a
non-ham audience.  But for contesters and would-be contesters, it is a
"must read".

And by the way, I hope to be on the site of WRTC2018 later this year for
site testing during the IARU competition, as I was in  New England in
2013.  Report in CQ Magazine (for which I pen the Contesting Column).

And thank you, Steve, for your great write-ups for ARRL SS and
contributions to N1MM+!  You relocated to New Mexico instead of to Maine.
You're an inspiration to many others who otherwise might think that one has
to be in New England to "win".  Sort of like K3LR in western Pennsylvania.

73, Dave K3ZJ